Strawberry Salad with Local Goat Cheese and a Rhubarb Vinaigrette:
For the salad:
6 cups fresh spring greens ( we recommend a mix of baby spinach, arugula, and deer tongue lettuce)
3 cups sliced ripe strawberries
6 ounces fresh local goat cheese
For the vinaigrette:
1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup thinly sliced rhubarb stalk
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
1/2 cup rice bran oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. To make the vinaigrette, place shallot, rhubarb, honey and water in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook until rhubarb just begins to break down. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Add raspberry vinegar, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper to the rhubarb mixture and puree until smooth using a stick blender.
3. Wash greens and pile in a large bowl.
4. Place sliced strawberries in a small bowl and toss with 1/2 cup vinaigrette.
5. Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve with Salted Lavender Shortbread.
Serve with Salted Lavender Honey Shortbread.