A favorite for both the young and young at heart visitors to our café, these hot cakes are packed full of carrot goodness. We serve them topped with cardamon cream cheese and real Vermont maple syrup.
enough for 4 to 6 hungry people
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups peeled and finely grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Whisk together eggs, milk and butter in a large mixing bowl. In a second bowl sift the salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Stir the sugar, carrots and cinnamon into the eggs and milk then add the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Preheat a griddle over medium high heat, lightly oil and add batter to pan in small batches being careful not to overwhelm the pan so it stays hot. Eat as you cook or hold in a 200 degree oven and serve topped with cardamon cream cheese and warm maple syrup.
Cardamon Cream Cheese
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cardamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine on low speed using a paddle attachment until just combined.